Sunday 2 May 2010

Glad I've try..

When you tried your best for something, often came up with a good result.. cause you done it with "nothing to lose" feeling..

Last week, Friday, 30th April, I participated on a Korean language speech contest for foreigner student which held at my university. It was a contest to select our university's student who will represent Silla Univ to participate on the real contest, held by Busan Foundation for International Activities.
Many of my friend hesitate to participate on this contest, they thought that their Korean isn't good enough. Or just feeling not into it.. It wasn't lazy, but something else, felt that something else is more important than preparing for this contest. So it was me and Sarah, my friend from Malaysia, who tried to participated..

At first, I just wanted to try.. It wasn't my goal to be a winner. After all I am just a beginner lever in Korean language. But, I tried.. :) trying to know my limit.. and my progress in Korean. But I was a bit worried. Because my throat was already sick.. cough.. but, I want to prepare this thing as best as I can do..

The week before, I wrote my speech. But it was corrected by my teacher, 3 times.. because I hae 3 teachers, and all of them want to help me, but in their own way, of course..
The first teacher, Ms. Jo, correct my grammar.. But, later on when I read it again, after I corrected my grammar, I found a few things that need to add.. so I add somethings.
Then again, I met with my second teacher, Ms. Yoon, and also she corrected my writing, but add some words, and grammar, to complete my line. But some words and grammar was to hard, so I didn't use it. Also because those grammar is for intermediate level, and the fact is, I haven't learn it yet. So I didn't want to use it. I wanted to use my own level's grammar.. :) cause it sounds more like me. The third teacher, Ms. Lee, she correct and add one sentence.. at the end of my speech, to made it more smooth..

But, the funny thing is.. When I was on the stage, that sentence, the one that Ms. Lee suggested, wasn't used. I forgot to use it.. so I just speak what I want.. with the clearest voice that I got. Fortunately, I didn't cough.. cause actually, the night before contest, I lose my voice, as a result from my practice.. and also before practice I was already hurt my throat.. so It was a bit miracle.
And surprisingly, I got the prize..! silver prize. some said it is a third prize, and some said it is a second prize.. :)

So glad.. and surprise..
well, it turned out to be a thing that worth to try.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment